Destinations and airports:
We can offer 3 best starting bases for sailing in Croatia:
- DUBROVNIK -airport Dubrovnik (distance aprox 25KM)
- TROGIR -airport Split (distance aprox 8KM)
- SPLIT -airport Split (distance aprox 25 KM)
All airports are very well connected with Zagreb, Rome, Franfurt, London, Barcelona, Oslo, Stockholm etc. Transfer from airport to base can always be arranged as an extra in our booking office. Advices for the routes are described: HERE
How to book bareboat yacht charter in Croatia:
If you have choosen already Dubrovnik or Split area as your destination and already know what type of sailing boat you are looking for yacht rental
then you can check our "search engine
If you need some advice about choosing a boat that best suits your needs, please contact our booking office directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
. The booking office is open from 08:00-20:00 hour (Mon-Fri) and you will recive an answer in 30 minutes for all your requests. Boats can be held under a reservation option for you 3-4 days if you need some time to discuss it with your crew. When you decide that you would like to book a bareboat charter
, our booking office will send you confirmation with all payment and bank details. After receiving advance payment, you should receive a contract and after receiving balance payment - a boarding pass. The booking office will ask you your arrival time
(important for our schedule) and crew list details (skippers licence number, name and surname of all the crew, date of birth and passport number).
Necessary documents for bareboat charter Croatia:
For bareboat charter in Croatia, you need a valid sailing licence, VHF licence & passport . It is always better to check if your licence is valid on next web page: www.mppi.hr and then look for "Recognised certificates for operating boats and yachts" (direct link is not possible as lists are being updated every day).
Check in is at 17:00 hour on Sataurday. By that time all boats will be ready. If you are arriving earlier please come to our office so we can immediatelly finish up some "paper work":
- you will receive original documents of the boat, weather forecast etc.
- you will be asked to shhow your original skipper licence
- we willl confirm the crew list and charge tourist tax
- payments can be made by credit card or cash
- you will be advised about using our support line
Only after the documents procedure a in office tehnical check in can be provided. At 17:00 we will start the tehnical check in procedure with tehnical equipment lists which should be signed by the client and Ultra sailing staff. We kindly advise that just one person usually the skipper to do the tehnical check in as it goes faster. In the mean time the rest of the crew can go shopping in the nearest supermarket.
Safery deposit for bareboat yacht Charter Croatia :
All boats are insured and safety deposit can be charged in two ways:
Refundable deposit: Charged by credit card(prefered) or in cash. After returning your boat deposit amount will be unblocked (returned to the client). Safety deposit is a part that insurance does not cover for example lost dinghy, or broken window. If the damage is smaller than safety depost (for example lost fender aprox 400 HRK) we will unblock your card anyway and charge amount of real cost(example fender 400 HRK). All damages should be reported imidiatelly on support number. In case of bigger damage maximum charge is amount of deposit written in your confirmation and in price list.
Non-refundable deposit-damage loss/waiver: For those who would like Non-refundable deposit while taking bareboat (written also in price list) we will need Insurance house for skippers licence, adress and payment will be charged into 2 parts: non refundable part (180-440€)directlly to insurance House + 100€ refundable part in cash/100€ will be returned after check out and withuth any damage.
Please take care about sea while sailing in Croatia
Let the next generation enjoy the Adriatic Sea while sailing in Crotia. Therefore we must respect nature and the environment:
- do not throw rubbish into the sea while sailing in Croatia
- do not discharge waste water from the boat near the shore and in protected areas
- do not violate the law on fishing
- protect aquatic plants and animals
- apply to the competent bodies of environmental pollution
- open fire is forbidden
- save the water, Croatia is full with fresh water but islands are not, so please save the water whenever you can (do not clean boats or take long showers).
- Croatian tap water is safe for drinking so you can always refill your bottles (but not the water tanks on your sailing boats).
- save energy: sail as much as you can, try windsurfing (Korčula area), kayak (island Mljet national Park), avoid motor scooters and motor boats.